The FDSC is a 14,000 sq. ft. facility located in the central core area of Vallejo providing social, educational, recreational, health, nutritional and consumer advice, counseling, and activities for older adults.
• To foster and promote programs and services for the charitable, educational, social, and recreational needs of persons 50 +
• To be the community focal point for senior services and programs, to provide recreational, educational and social activities, and a nutrition program
• To provide an extensive information and referral service, coordinating services with other agencies serving Solano
The Vallejo Senior Citizen’s Council, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, multi-purpose, all-inclusive, service center that directly provides over 50 regular programs to citizens aged 50+ years.
The Meals on Wheels Congregate Meals Site at the Florence Douglas Center serves lunch Monday-Friday to an average 30 Seniors daily.
Our Health Services Program is preventive in nature – seeking to keep Seniors healthy, physically active, and socially engaged. We offer a variety of no-cost or low-cost seminars and activities to keep them engaged.
Founded in 1977, The Florence Douglas Center (FDC) will celebrate its 42th anniversary in 2019.
1) Successful partnerships with complementary service providers including: Sutter Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente, Meals on Wheels, Solano County Health and Social Services, Touro University, Vallejo Times Herald, Food Bank of Solano and Contra Costa County (new), Sol Trans, Solano Partnership Against Violence (new), Brookdale Senior Living Communities, and Solano County Animal Services; these partnerships expand the scope of services we can provide to our community’s benefit.
2) We have grown our services by 10% in the past year, with a steady increase in attendance with all our activities. In 2018, we reinstituted the Senior Round Table with record attendance at each round table that offers our seniors a voice and keeps them informed. Our monthly “themed” dinners have an attendance of 175 or more each month. This is an increase of 25% attendance in the past year. As well, attendance at our membership meetings continues to grow.
Meals on Wheels $5,000 -$10,000
Health Services Program $5,000-$10,000